Simple, flexible scanning tool offers a 2D profile of silicon growth quality. Built for simplicity and safety in production environments, with a sophisticated data analysis package enabling research and development.
Measuring as-grown blocks provides the best indication of final wafer lifetime.The SBS-150 bulk-silicon lifetime analyzer is especially sensitive to lifetime variations in the growth direction of silicon ingots, giving an accurate preview of wafer quality and propagation defects.
It addition, the SBS-150 offers the only lifetime scan with a lifetime measurement range of several orders of magnitude – a feature that is typical of Sinton Instruments true bulk lifetime characterization.
Example of lifetime map, taken at a medium resolution. Similar maps of resistivity and trap density are also standard.
• Qualifying high-purity silicon with lifetimes in the 1–5 millisecond range
• Qualifying B-Cz silicon as-grown, without special surface preparation
• Characterizing lifetime, trap density and defect zones in multicrystalline blocks
• Proximity sensor scan in the X-Y plane
• True bulk lifetime characterization using broadband IR excitation
• Ergonomic loading and unloading tray
• Easy-to-yse, intuitive operator controls
• Industry-compliant interlocks and enclosure ensure operator safety
• Configurable for top-loading